Wellington Food and Wine Tour
Not Available 2016
Discover Wellington and have fun with fours days of pleasure and indulgence
Martinborough Wine and Food
Wellington on a Plate – A day of Master Classes
Capital Tastes / Shopping
Fabulous Dining experiences – Hippopotamus / Floriditas / Logan Brown
Hotel Art Museum Hotel
90 Cable Street, Wellington
Arrive in Wellington in time to meet at 6.30pm
Meet at the Hotel for a pre – dinner styli cocktail before dinner.
A unique feature of the Museum Art Hotel is its superb collection of original, contemporary art – we will have a guided art tour of Chris Parkin’s collection in the Hotel.
Dinner with wines included at the wonderful Hippopotamus restaurant.
Executive Chef Laurent Loudeac started in October 2007, and has been credited with turning the hotel restaurant into a fine dining destination
Discover Martinborough wine and food
Our luxury tour explores this tiny but internationally celebrated wine region, as we meet people and see behind the scenes of premium wine brands and boutique food producers. Savour a delicious three course tasting lunch, matched with wines from the region at our favourite eatery Salute, in Greytown.
This day is designed to be relaxed yet interesting. Enjoy the rural peace and beauty of the district while discovering some of the best local food and wine experiences from around Martinborough.
- 8am: Zest Wellington will meet your group at the Museum hotel for your vehicle transfer to the Wellington railway station
- Take the train from Wellington on the pretty one hour train journey into the region, getting off at Featherston Station where our specialist Martinborough guide will meet you and host you during the day.
- Start the day with an exploration of artisan lemon products producer Lavenders Green, rurally located near Featherston, staying for morning tea.
- Your Zest guide will share local insights and snippets of information as you travel around the district.
- Martinborough Vineyard is one of the district’s founding wineries and still one of its best, where the winemaker or viticulturist will introduce everyone to a “day in the life of a vineyard and winery” including the sustainable growing systems for fine pinot noir vines, the impressive barrel hall and (naturally) tasting of some of Martinborough’s award winning wines with the guidance of an expert in down-to-earth style
- Olivo is Martinborough’s oldest commercial olive grove, and its dynamic owner Helen Meehan will introduce us to the many varieties of olive tree on the beautiful estate, each with their own different characteristics. We will taste the Extra Virgin and innovative infused oil range Helen has created, with some unexpected food combinations for added culinary interest.
- Ata Rangi and Palliser Estate are two premium founding Martinborough wineries. Enjoy cellar door tastings at each.
- Enjoy lunch matched with wines from the region at Salute in Greytown, Zest’s pick of the best eatery in the whole region and meet owner/chef Travis Clive-Griffin.
- Enjoy tastings at Schoc Chocolates, and see the making of these extraordinary flavour combinations
- Subject to time there may be a little free time to browse and shop in Greytown – a pretty Victorian town with lovely little art, craft and fashion stores.
- Enjoy the 1 hour train journey back into the capital, returning to your hotel by about 5:30pm.
Dinner with wine included at Floriditas
Floriditas is a smart, spacious café and restaurant in the heart of Cuba Street
The much anticipated Wellington Fisher & Paykel MasterClass Some of the top chefs from the Southern Hemisphere will demonstrate their delicious recipes and let you in on their highly sought after secrets.
As well as getting insiders’ secrets from internationally acclaimed top chefs, you will also have a great day of eating!
Coffee is provided at the beginning of the day, morning and afternoon tea and a delicious artisan lunch showcasing some of the very best ingredients and wine from the Wellington region. You’ll head home with a goodie bag full of great items, including the Wellington Fisher & Paykel MasterClass recipe book to recreate masterpieces at home.
We will be eating a lot to day and dinner tonight will be your own choice.
Capital Tastes Walking Tour
For a tasty and relaxed Sunday morning, wander at a leisurely pace around Wellington’s spectacular and sculpture-rich Wellington waterfront.
- 9:30am: our Zest guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel.
- Explore two Sunday fresh produce and specialty food markets.
- The outdoor Harbourside market features fresh produce, food stalls and music.
- The indoor City Market, run by chef Martin Bosley, featuring artisan bread, coffee, produce, seafood and much more.
- You will taste interesting products, meet their producers and enjoy locally roasted coffee.
- Enjoy some of our favourite Wellington food places with a personal guide, to taste hidden culinary treasures, including cheeses, honey and other regional products at top foodie store Moore Wilson’s Fresh.
Afternoon is time to be let loose in the shops / galleries and Museum’s and do some self guided Wellington exploring.
Dinner with wine included is at the famous ‘Logan Brown’
In 1996 the creators of Logan Brown, Al Brown and Steve Logan had a vision. They wanted to take the standard of fine dining in New Zealand to a new level.
Today, their award winning restaurant continues to set new standards. With Head chef/partner Shaun Clouston and an impeccable team of hosts, they offer you the best in food, a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, and dining integrity
Depart Wellington or continue on your travels
Four days of Fun and Decadence – Indulge your self in the best of Wellington
Cost – Twin Share accommodation – $1,960
Single Supplement – $400
Flights – At the moment – less than $150 each way
Queenstown – Wellington
Booking form and confirmation – $500 deposit
To Book a tour with Judith click here
03 4558381 | 021735617